Saturday, July 17, 2010

Abventure IV: San Fermín

This week I went to Pamplona for the Sanfermines, and I thought that I would be telling you about the running of the bulls - as that was the reason for making the trip. Then, I thought I would tell you about the run-in I had with some crazy angry Basque separatists when I was proudly wearing my Spain shirt (suffice it to say ETA's not happy about Spain winning the World Cup, and one of my friends now has a black eye.) Ha, but the truth is the best abventure from last week that I have to share is the story of dos españoles y una americana... (need I say more???)
I was a little busy during the abventure, so I don't have an action photo; the photo I have sets the scene. It shows some of the friends I made in Pamplona. It all started when I met this man, Juan Pedro (who took this photo). He introduced me to his friends (Miguel, Ivan, Santi, and Javi), and the next thing I knew I was taking off my shirt. You see, for the Sanfermines festival, EVERYONE (tee-tiny babies, granpas, post office couriers - everyone.) wears all white with a red belt and a red scarf for the entire week! Day and night! I wasn't aware of this custom, and I told Ivan that I'd feel a lot more comfortable if he'd swop shirts with me. From that moment on, Javi and Ivan were mesmerized by my 2-packer. At the end of the night, they asked me if they could share it. I thought about it for a moment, and responded, "well there are two of you and my pack is also two, so there is more than enough to share."

My final comments would be that I was very satisfied with this abventure but am left wondering what wonders I might be able to seize if I am able to obtain a six-pack!!!! Six, six, SIX! Chances are six are more fun than two.

Mordidas,
Tizona

No comments:

Post a Comment